Outpatient Nutrition Therapy
Three Rivers Health offers outpatient Nutrition Therapy for individuals looking to improve or manage diseases through individual sessions. Each session is individualized to meet your nutrition and health goals.
Many health conditions, like obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease, can be managed or prevented through diet and lifestyle changes. Nutrition Therapy is the counseling provided by a registered dietitian that can help you make those diet and lifestyle changes so that you can live a healthier lifestyle.
What is a Registered Dietitian?
A registered dietitian is specialist in medical nutrition therapy. He or she has completed academic requirements established by the Commission on Dietetic Registration, including a minimum of a bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university, and an extensive internship program. A registered dietitian demonstrates their knowledge of food and nutrition by successfully passing the national credentialing exam. Each registered dietitian keeps up-to-date with the current nutrition recommendations based on nutrition research through continued learning and education.
Nutrition Therapy can help you:
- Create an individualized meal plan based on your needs.
- Achieve healthy eating to lose weight and keep it off.
- Understand the relationship between the foods that you eat and diseases or conditions that you have or are at risk for.
- Improve nutrition related test results.
- Modify recipes, read food labels, and plan meals to create healthier menus.
- Provide tips for navigating a grocery store to avoid impulse buying.
- Gain information on food allergies or intolerances.
- Be aware of the difference between physical hunger and eating because of stress or emotions.
For more information about our outpatient nutrition counseling, or to schedule an appointment, please call (269)273-9656.